Advocating For Indiana Employees With Dedication And Experience

Indianapolis skyline with a view of Lucas Oil Stadium in the background.

Advocating For Indiana Employees With Dedication And Experience

Enertouch, Inc. d/b/a GoodCents Overtime Case

Posted on Apr 21, 2014


Clark v. Enertouch, Inc. d/b/a GoodCents, Case No. 1:14-cv-00290-SEB-TAB

On February 25, 2014, we filed a collective action Complaint on behalf of home energy advisors and all similarly situated individuals, against Enertouch, Inc. d/b/a GoodCents.  These individuals seek overtime pay under the federal Fair Labor Standards Act.  The Complaint alleges that individuals working in this position were denied all of the overtime pay they earned in violation of the FLSA.  Specifically, the plaintiff seeks overtime pay for time spent driving to his first appointment and home from his last appointment, as part of the continuous workday.  The Complaint was filed under the FLSA’s collective action procedure, which means the plaintiff filed the Complaint seeking to represent himself and other “similarly situated” employees who work or worked for Enertouch, Inc. d/b/a GoodCents as a home energy advisor at any time within the past three years.

How Do I Join This Case?

To make a claim in this action under federal law, you must complete a Consent Form and return it to us immediately for filing with the Court.

Which Locations Are Included?

Past or present home energy advisors who worked for Enertouch, Inc. d/b/a GoodCents in its Indianapolis, Indiana office are eligible to join this lawsuit.

What Time Frame Does This Case Cover?

Eligible employees may be able to recover pay for overtime hours worked within 2 years of signing up for the lawsuit.  If we can prove the company “willfully” violated the law, the statute of limitations may be extended to 3 years.

Do I Have To Pay Anything?

You do not have to pay anything to our law firm if you join the lawsuit.  We are handling the case on a contingency basis.  This means we will only be paid if the lawsuit is successful in obtaining relief either through a settlement or a final judgment.

How Do I Prove I Worked Overtime?

Where the employer does not keep accurate time records, most courts permit the employee to make a good faith estimate of overtime hours.  You are not required to have proof of the hours you worked.

How Long Will This Case Take

Lawsuits typically take one to two years before they are resolved.

How Do I Update My Contact Information?

To update your contact information, please contact our law firm at 317-743-0614.

What About Retaliation?

The law protects you from retaliation for asserting your right to participate in an overtime lawsuit.  If you currently work for Enertouch, Inc. d/b/a GoodCents and you believe you are the victim of retaliation for participating in this lawsuit, contact us immediately.

If you have any information that may assist us with this case, please contact The Law Office of Robert J. Hunt, LLC or call our law firm at 317-981-7658.