Robert F. Hunt, of Terre Haute, has recently joined The Law of Office of Robert J. Hunt, LLC and begun participating with his son in the Firm’s active practice. By doing so, he brings his considerable experience to the table.
In 1973, following his graduation from the Indiana University School of Law in Bloomington and admission to the Indiana Bar, Bob Hunt joined the Terre Haute firm which became most recently known as Hunt, Hassler, Kondras & Miller LLP (and which is now called Hassler Kondras Miller LLP), as an Associate Lawyer. He thereafter joined in the partnership and remained with that firm for over 46 years, serving as its senior partner for more than 20 years. Bob has also been active in the Terre Haute Bar association and elected by his peers to the offices as both President and Secretary, for several terms.
Bob's practice is largely devoted to litigation matters, serving as counsel for both plaintiffs and defendants. He has been admitted to appear in the Federal Courts of the Northern and Southern District of Indiana, the Central and Southern Districts of Illinois, and the Western District of Michigan, along with the Federal Court of Claims in Washington D.C. Bob is further admitted to practice before the Federal Courts of Appeal for the 6th, 7th and 10th Circuits. He was admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court over 36 years ago.
Throughout his career Bob has handled hundreds of cases, trying a great many to both juries and judges, within the Circuit and Superior Courts in many of Indiana's Counties and in a number of Federal venues. Most recently he has been involved in several large class action wage law cases in the Federal courts located in Indiana and other states.
As a result of this active practice, Bob has now become eligible to be a member of both the “Million Dollar Advocates Forum” and the “Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum.” These designations arise from the success he has attained on behalf of various clients.
Bob’s involvement in dispute resolution matters include numerous mediation and arbitration proceedings. Further, he has handled a multitude of significant settlements, both prior to and during litigation.
Areas of Practice
- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Employment Law -- Employee
- Wage Claims for Money Owed to Current and Former Employees
- Estate Planning
- Family Law
- Insurance Law
- Litigation & Appeals
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability Law
- Litigation Percentage
- 70% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Indiana, 1973
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Indiana, 1973
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit, 1978
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1989
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 1998
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Indiana, 1996
- U.S. District Court Western District of Michigan, 1997
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1997
- U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois, 2004
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois, 2010
- Indiana University at Bloomington School of Law, Bloomington, Indiana
J.D. - 1973
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
B.S. - 1970
- Major: Business Marketing